Retro Rubber Challenge Blog - Color Challenge

Tuesday, December 6, 2016



Hello everyone!

Can you believe it is almost Christmas?  Are you all ready?  I know I am not.  I am here with another fun challenge with Retro Rubber's Challenge Blog, which is a photo color inspirational challenge.  To join the challenge, simply use a stamp one year old or older and the theme below. It's so much fun to join Retro Rubber's challenges. Don't forget to stop by the blog and see all the other design teams creations. 


Here is my card.....

I am using an old stamp I had in my stash, it is a stamp by Hero Arts which is a 3x4 wooden stamp called Joy Burst.  I believe it was released around December 2014.  There are so many different things you could create with this stamp.  I embossed the image with red embossing powder and then stamped the image again on some design paper and fuzzy cut it out and adhered it to my image.  I love the green and red colors together.  

I hope you have been inspired by my card to join the challenge. You have until December 16th to hop on over to Retro Rubber to join the challenge. Remember to use a stamp over a year old and make sure you tell us how old it is. I cannot wait to see your creation! For more inspiration, please stop over at Retro Rubber to see what the design team members have created!

10 comments :

  1. Hello Donna: This image is truly beautiful, love the snowflake behind this bold JOY cut out, awesome paper snipping skills!!
    Fabulous die cut frames for this awesome image.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Donna, that really is a joy burst, love the details. The red embossing was inspired, it makes it pop off the card. Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card...and I love the traditional Christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna - this card is a beauty! I love the dark green with that red. Really love that background behind the joy! My first thought when I saw it - luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And my first thought was, Elegant! Donna, I love this gorgeous holiday card! You made the sentiment really pop with the deep, rich colors. Love it!! Wishing you all the best of everything for the holiday season!
    ~Debbie XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning. What a great way to make JOY really stand out. The rich colors of Christmas do this card justice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rich and Elegant! I especially like the use of the stitched panels to give some detail without imposing on the overall effect. Beautifully done, Donna!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a striking card! Love the sentiment as the focus with the green and red- just gorgeous! It has been an honor to Guest Design with you for this challenge- hugs and have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow loooove that punch of black on the red! Soooo inspiring! Love all your Gina cards too! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest