Hello Baby!

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season.  I did and I am so thankful for family.  So how many of you made New Year resolutions?  I didn't, I stop making them about 4 years ago, because I never can keep them.  I'm just thankful to see another year and have such wonderful family and friends.


I am here with Mema's Crafts.  Our sponsor this month is Bluemoon Scrapbooking.  Winners of our January challenge will appreciate a gift certificate to go shopping at our sponsors array of crafting supplies.  Bluemoon is a great store to shop, I love that they make videos when new items are released.  The challenge is Anything Goes (ATG).  Don't you just love when you can do anything you want in a challenge?  I was sent a 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories called Hello Baby.  A perfect paper pack to make a mini album.  I was so excited when I saw it, I knew right away what I was going to do.  I took a class this summer at my Local Scrapbooking Store from Casandra Dickinson (she does not have a blog).  But she is a master artist at making albums and boxed mini flip albums.  The flip album I made this summer was an 81/4 x 81/4, but since my paper pad was a 6x6, I had to make it smaller. And walah, this is what I came up with.   This album measures 61/2 x 61/2.  There is an inch around the box.  This is going to be a little long so I hope you are ready!



Our January Sponsor!



This is the box flip album.  I popped the word baby up with pop 
dots and cut out a couple of elements from the paper pad and
 popped them up.  The word hello I cut several of them
 out to give them dimension.

This is a picture of how the mini looks like opened up


Another picture of the album opened up.  The three page
 in the middle are different here.


 I have a few tags in a pocket for journaling
 or photos.  The elephants are a Martha Steart punch.
These tags measure 3x4.


I cut the B-A-B-Y out and adhered them on chipboard, and 
popped every other one up.  The lambs are jolee's.
  I added a couple of frames for pictures.  
They measure 3x3.


Added some more tags, these tags are so cute, they
have the months on them, so  you can just add the photo.  


I added this flap with pages under for pictures or journaling
  The flap measures 4x5


Here are the pages.  I stamped the pages.  
The pages measure 4x3/7/8 and the other two are 1/4 smaller.


Here's another flap with pages.


Here I stamp them again.


Added more tags with the months on them.


Second level - right page
Another flap with pages to add photos and journaling.


Second layer - middle page
More tags to added pictures.  


Another flap to added photos and journaling.  I cut the 
"L-O-V-E" out and made a banner.


This is the top flap of the mini.  I added a picture frame with a pocket.
  The frame is 4x5.  The tag can be for a picture and
 journaling.  It measures 3x4.


This is the bottom flap.  Another frame with tag.


This is the back of the book.  I ran out of paper, but found this digi paper
 that matched perfectly.  I used a different pattern on the sides.

Supplies used:  
Stamps:  MFT Beautiful Baby
Paper:  Simple Stories 6x6 paper pad "Hello Baby", 110 lbs. white cardstock,
 Stampin Up Pool Party, Marina Mist, Summer Starfruit, Etsy digi paper
Ink:  Stampin Up Marina Mist, Momento Black and Tim Holtz Diestress Ink Frayer Burlap
Ribbon:  Marina Mist ribbon, Lawn Fawn twine
Accessories:  Tim Holtz stapler and Mini paper clips, pop dots, chipboard, 
Jolees, Cottage Cutz Hello die, Stampin Up tag punch, Martha Stewart elephant punch, Stampin Up scallop Oval, velcro, magnets and Scalloped Tag Topper


So what do you think for my first boxed mini flip album?  I enjoyed making this so much, I think I will make another one soon.  Are you ready to join the fun over at Mema's Crafts?  Hop on over and link your project before the 15th.  Thanks for stopping by, please leave me a comment, I love reading them.



  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest