CASEing Kelly Blog Hop

Tuesday, October 27, 2015


Hello everyone,

You should be coming to my blog from Deepti Malik. After visiting me, hop over to Elizabeth Campau next! The blog hop list is at the bottom of this post along with the list of sponsors.  If you want to check out Kelly's blog, please go over and see all her beautiful cards.

I am here celebrating Kelly. She is the CASEing Genius when it comes to caseing cards.  In Kelly’s CASEing Genius blog, she takes THREE cards from a designer and makes ONE card inspired by the three cards. A bunch of us are crafters who love making cards we want to say “thank you” Kelly for all your generosity, talent and kindheartedness.   I have to say I was a little intimidated when I was looking at your cards. I was thinking to myself, "how can I case Kelly's cards".  Well I came up with a design and pretty happy with it.  I have just started playing around with watercolor and it is fun and I loved all of your inspiration. 

Here are a few of  the cards that inspired me to make my card. 

 I loved the lines of watercolor on this card and I loved how the word blended into the colors.

Here I liked the watercolor with the distressed ink to look like bubbles.


A card is not finished unless it has sequins on it.  

And here is my card that I made!  This is an A2 card.  I loved the rainbow colors so I used several colors on my card.  The bubbles on the second card inspired the stitched circles that I popped up.  I added some sequins to match the colors and finished the card with a script birthday sentiment similar to the sentiments Kelly used.  Very clean and simple.



Blog Hop List

a2z Scrapbooking
Amy Tsuruta
Ardyth Percy
Robb Brandi Hall
Char Kochensparger
Cindy Chiu
Darnell Knauss
Dawn Turley
Debra James
Deepti Malik
Donna Idlet - YOU ARE HERE
Elizabeth Campau
Ellen Haxelmans
Heather Ruwe
Jennifer Loftfield
Joan Bardee
Kara Vrabel
Kara-Lynne
Kathy Wade
Katie Gehring
Kristie Goulet
Kristina Beagle
Kymona Tracey
Laura Jane
Leigh Penner
Lin Brandyberry
Linda Trace
Lindsay Amrhein
Lydia Evans
Maria Sabina Raita
Marika Rahtu
Martha Lucia Gomez
Michele Cunningham
Michele Ferguson
Michelle Lupton
Michelle Williams
Monica Maier
Niki G.
Nina-Marie Trapani
Rubeena Naz
Shelly Kurth
Taunya Butler
Thordis Dogg
Vera Yates

What is a blog hop without some fun prizes?! Leave a comment by 11:59 pm EDT on Thursday, October 29th along each stop in the hop to increase your chances of winning a prize from one of our sponsors: a2z Scrapbooking, Altenew, Create a Smile Stamps, Dee's Art Impressions, djkardkreations, Hero Arts, Ink Road, Lia Stampz and Simon Says Stamp,! Winners will be notified by email after October 29th.






Supplies Used:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs
Follow Me on Pinterest